- Stranger: So, where are you from?
- Me: Earth?
- Stranger: No, like....what's your nationality?
- Me: Ohhh. American.
- Stranger: No, no. I'm asking what color you are.
- Me: Oh, well.....I've been spending a lot of time outside so I'm almost like a burnt orange color.
- Stranger: Omg. I'm asking you what you are made up of.
- Me: Like, 90% water or something. Idk. I'm a waitress not a scientist.
- Stranger: .........
- Me: ............
- Stranger: .......
- Me: My dad is black and my mom is white.
- Stranger: OH REALLY? WOW. I THOUGHT YOU WERE FROM AN ISLAND. LIKE HAWAII. OR I THOUGHT MAYBE YOU WERE MALAYSIAN. OR PUERTO RICAN.
- Me: .......Oh.
- Stranger: I hope I didn't offend you.
"No one is a slut. “Slut” is a made-up word to keep women from having as much fun as men. A person who enjoys sex is just a person and a person who is a virgin is also just a person and everyone should lay off each other’s sex lives. Retire the word “slut” please."
— 20 Things We Need To Stop Talking About In 2013 (via bl-ossomed)